Vice President Medicinal Chemistry
Targeted Protein Degradation
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious scientist to lead the Medicinal Chemistry research and development efforts in a growing team at Celeris Therapeutics.
Celeris Therapeutics is the pioneer in AI-driven Degrader Discovery, revolutionizing the next generation of scientific developments focusing on degrader technologies.
We are a VC-backed startup with top-tier investors on board and operate at the intersection of biopharma and technology.
Office and wet lab in the city of Graz
We are seeking a highly motivated Vice President (VP) of Medicinal Chemistry.
This role is responsible for driving Celeris Therapeutics pipeline programs across from hit identification to IND.
This individual will collaborate with cross-functional teams and will directly coordinate the Chemistry department, recruit and train a nimble team and build a robust pipeline of preclinical programs and candidates.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of advancing oncology programs from early stages of target selection to IND filings.
- Lead the hit ID to lead optimization phases to successfully bring programs from target selection through lead optimization to IND.
- Input into design decisions on CADD, ML and Biology.
- Be a key leader in prioritization of programs targeting a variety of cancer and CNS targets. Risk mitigation and strategic planning.
- Establish roadmap for building internal capabilities and infrastructure leveraging both internal expertise and external resources.
- Drive internal and external execution of research programs in hit ID, H2L and lead optimization, including leveraging CROs for medicinal chemistry and synthetic chemistry next to in-house synthesis efforts.
- Hands-on, proactive participation in our drug discovery efforts.
- Deliver and present key data packages and data-driven scientific updates to the organization that impact pipeline milestones and corporate objectives.
- Lead the expansion of the Medicinal Chemistry team, recruiting key talent and managing, developing, and mentoring team members as they continue their growth as an agile organization.
- Coordinate and drive the drafting and filing of IP derived from compound design efforts.
- Ph.D. with a strong medicinal chemistry background and a minimum of 15 years of discovery research experience in pharma/biotech industry and 8 years of specific leadership in medicinal chemistry.
- Deep domain expertise in oncology and/or CNS with an established track record of advancing programs to IND; intimately familiar with competitive landscape in targeted protein degradation as well as latest scientific advances in the bRo5 space.
- Hands-on, proven scientific excellence in drug discovery and design, particularly lead optimization and hit-to-lead. Hit ID expertise desired.
- Excellent oral, written, and strategic thinking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully lead the ideation and development of a plan and move to action.
- Proven track record as a speaker in conferences.
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to provide leadership act as a role modeling for members of the team and other parts of the organization while also rolling up the sleeves to drive on the ground execution.
Plus if experienced in setting-up synthesis laboratories.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and the opportunity to bring new drugs to market. Hybrid work in Graz/Austria.
Interested applicants send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and further information:
DI Christopher Trummer, MSc., Tel.: +43 660 3837648