Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry
Are you an ambitious Computational Chemist, who is looking to shape the next generation of drug discovery? Together with our colleagues consisting of biology, medicinal chemistry, and cheminformatics experts you will be contributing to the world of degraders, small molecules, and proteins.
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Computational Chemist who will work on both the platform and on projects.
Full-time – London (Hybrid)
Full-time – Graz, Austria (Office-based)
Work and residence permit in UK/EU as appropriate required.
We are an AI-enabled drug discovery company that uses innovative, computer-driven methods to develop PIC™ (proximity-inducing compounds) degrader drugs for yet-to-be-drugged pathogenic proteins related to various cancers.
We develop our wholly-owned oncology programs and collaborate with international big pharma and biotech companies to co-develop drugs in areas of high unmet medical need.
We are a venture-backed company with offices in Menlo Park, California, and London, UK. Our state-of-the-art laboratories are based in Graz, Austria.
You are driven by curiosity and are passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science, life sciences and drug discovery. You are passionate about making important contributions towards the development of research in oncology and targeted protein degradation.
- Work as part of the Platform Team and report to the Head of Platform.
- Use and develop our ternary complex prediction pipeline for use in drug discovery projects and validation experiments.
- Apply a wide range of computational chemistry tools to meet the needs of drug-discovery projects.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in computational chemistry or a closely related field.
- Practical experience in using protein structures for analysis, including but not limited to homology modeling, small-molecule docking, protein-protein docking, and molecular dynamics.
- Comfortable in using the command line and simple bash scripting for automation.
- Self-directed with excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
We are not expecting candidates to have both of the following (and a mixture is also acceptable):
- Experience in applying computational chemistry to drug discovery projects in either a biotech company, pharmaceutical company, or academic drug discovery unit.
- 2 years+ of Python experience in automation, protein-structure analysis (biopython), and plotting. Knowledge of software engineering standards such as version control, agile, object-oriented programming, and testing.
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting drug discovery tech companies.
Interested applicants send their CVs to email@example.com
Contact and further information:
Dr. Andrew Potterton (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Head of Platform