Senior Scientist, Biology
Are you an ambitious Biologist, who is looking to shape the next generation of drug discovery? Together with our colleagues consisting of medicinal chemists, cheminformatics, and deep learning experts you will be contributing to the world of degraders, small molecules and proteins.
Full-time, 38h per week
St. Peter, Graz, Austria
Work and residence permit in EU required
We are an AI-enabled drug discovery company that uses innovative, computer-driven methods to develop PIC™ (proximity-inducing compounds) degrader drugs for yet-to-be-drugged pathogenic proteins related to various types of cancers.
We develop our wholly-owned oncology programs and collaborate with international big pharma and biotech companies to co-develop drugs in areas of high unmet medical need.
We are a venture-backed company and have offices in Menlo Park, California and London, UK. Our state-of the art laboratories are based in Graz, Austria.
You are driven by curiosity and are passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science and life science. You are passionate about making important contributions towards the development of research in oncology and targeted protein degradation. You have expertise in molecular biology and cell biology and have experience in biological assay setup and development processes.
- Work as part of the Biology Team and report to the Head of Biology.
- Act as a biology leader on interdisciplinary project teams, guiding the biology strategy and driving the generation of key experimental data.
- Actively support development of the scientific projects and our experimental capabilities, including assay optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate the potential of novel targets for protein degradation through the design and execution of biological experiments.
- Research, propose and establish new experimental technologies to advance our biological capabilities.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of the biology lab.
- Record day to day laboratory activities in the electronic lab notebook and present results in project and department meetings.
- M.Sc. with 4 years of experience, PhD in biology or a related field with relevant experience.
- Experience of working with mammalian cells (cell maintenance and culturing for cell-based assays).
- Adept in protein characterization (SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis).
- Experience in immunocytochemistry and microscopy techniques, high content screening and phenotypic screening.
- Experience in medium and high-throughput luminescence and fluorescence-based screening using cell-free (such as TR-FRET, FP, ELISA) and cell-based assays (such as CellTiterGlo, CellTiterBlue, HiBiT, NanoBRET).
- Well experienced in computerized systems, sound experience of data handling – GraphPad Prism and Microsoft Office.
- Highly self-directed with excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience with techniques including transfection, CRISPR/Cas9, viral transduction, and bacterial strain generation (cloning, transformation).
- Prior work experience with lab automation and setup of high-throughput screening assays would be beneficial.
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting deep tech companies. A market compliant salary of €3.200- €3.500 per month x 14 gross – The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications (according to Kollektivvertrag Chemische Industrie).
Interested applicants send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and further information:
Dr. Chris Tame