Senior Scientist Biology
Targeted Protein Degradation
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious scientist to help guide biology laboratory efforts in a growing team at Celeris Therapeutics in the beautiful city of Graz, Austria.
Celeris Therapeutics is the pioneer in AI-driven Degrader Discovery, revolutionizing the next generation of scientific developments focusing on proximity-inducing compounds and deep technology.
Your Profile and Responsibilities
We seek a confident PhD-level scientist with a background in life sciences and a proven track record in working in small molecule drug discovery.
The role will include exposure to all aspects of the drug discovery process, from target validation to assay development, data interpretation, and analysis, as well as troubleshooting and coordinating day-to-day activities and working with external partners.
The position is lab-based and placed on a track toward principal scientist or head of biology.
- Designing, executing, and troubleshooting experiments
- Analyzing data, training other lab members, and project management
- Staying up to date on relevant research and providing input into scientific discussions.
- Leadership responsibilities
The position will be part of the company’s biology department, and the candidate will report to the CSO of the company. Together with our colleagues in biology, computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, and machine learning, you will contribute to developing first-in-class drug candidates.
Overall, we are looking for a highly motivated, organized individual who is hands-on, a team player, and a talented scientist.
- Ph.D. in life sciences, chemical biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, or a related field with several years of relevant post-doctoral experience and a substantial publication or track record
- At least four years of experience in small molecule assay development (e.g., cell-based assays, enzymatic assays, fluorescence, and/or luminescence) in a mammalian cell context
- Experience in the therapeutic areas of oncology and protein degradation/ubiquitin-proteasome system
- In-depth knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, and chemical biology
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, mentoring, and organizational skills
- The team-oriented and collaborative mindset with an intrepid attitude to address critical biological questions in an interdisciplinary team and with our partners
- Strong analytical skills, curious but focused.
- Experience in/with the biotech/pharma industry in the discovery and preclinical development of therapeutics preferred
- Expertise with laboratory automation (liquid handling, automated systems, high content imaging) and with targeted protein degradation a plus
Celeris Therapeutics bases itself on brilliant minds in all areas of drug development. You will have the opportunity to work in a competitive environment with alumni from universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, and UCL. A vibrant, energizing environment and a fast-paced company where you will never have a dull moment are guaranteed.
Top-notch facilities with 800 m² of space and capabilities in cell culture, functional assays, molecular biology, and imaging allow you to work hassle-free.
A competitive annual gross base salary of 65,000 EUR, excellent team spirit, and the potential for professional and personal growth round out this opportunity. The company language is English.
Interested applicants send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and further information: Dr. Markus Muellner