Research Scientist Biology
Full-time, 38,5h per week
St. Peter, Graz, Austria
Work and residence permit in EU required
We are an AI-enabled drug discovery company that uses innovative, computer-driven methods to develop PIC™ (proximity-inducing compounds) degrader drugs for yet-to-be drugged pathogenic proteins related to Parkinson’s and various types of cancers.
We develop our wholly-owned oncology and neurology programs and collaborate with international big pharma and biotech companies to co-develop drugs in areas of high unmet medical need.
We are a venture-backed company and have offices in Menlo Park, California, and Graz, Austria.
You are driven by curiosity and passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science and life science.
You are interested to make contributions in our discovery programme focussed on Neurological and Oncology Targets. You have an understanding of small molecule drug discovery and understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry experiments and assay development processes.
- Working closely with the VP Biology
- Actively support development with scientific input and generate scientific documents
- Assay optimisation and maintenance of cell lines
- Performing phenotypic screening
- Recording day to day laboratory activities in the Lab notebook
- Participate in technical sub teams and fulfil assigned project tasks and responsibilities
- M.Sc. with 4 years of experience, PhD in biology or a related field with relevant experience preferred
- Cell culture and maintenance of cell lines (Primary and transformed cells), Transient Transfection and protein expression profiling (SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis), Immunoprecipitation and other binding assays
- Experience in high content imaging and Phenotypic screening
- Experience in medium and high-throughput screening using cell-free and cell-based assays (including FRET, TR-FRET, FP, HTRF, BRET, AlphaScreen, etc.)
- Prior work experience in the area of small molecule drug discovery and/or Protein degradation would be beneficial
- Well experienced in computerized systems, sound experience of data handling – GraphPad Prism and Microsoft office.
- Highly self-directed with excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting deep tech companies. A market compliant salary of €2.500- €3.200 per month x 14 gross – The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications (according to Kollektivvertrag chemische Industrie).
Interested applicants send their CV to email@example.com
Contact and further information:
Dr. Markus Muellner