Research Assistant (Biology)
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Research Assistant in Biology, who is looking to shape the next generation of drug discovery.
Celeris Therapeutics is the pioneer in AI-driven Degrader Discovery, revolutionizing the next generation of scientific developments focusing on degrader technologies.
Full-time, 38,5h per week
St. Peter, Graz, Austria
Work and residence permit in EU required
You have a strong background in Biology, laboratory skills and can deliver accurate results and documentation that the Celeris Therapeutics team can rely on.
You are highly motivated, driven by curiosity, and would like to be part of the next evolution of Oncology drug development.
You are interested in the intersection of computer science and life science, excited by the field of targeted protein degradation, and are eager to learn and grow with challenges that arise in a dynamic start-up environment.
- This is a lab-based position where you work closely with other Biology team members as well as Chemistry.
- You will test AI-generated small molecules bivalent degrader molecules for activity in human cell lines, interpret data and contribute to discussions for our drug development programs.
- Establish assays and protocols
- Maintain cell lines, create new assay systems and reporter cell lines, genetic engineering
- Use our lab automation platform to set up automated testing procedures
- Training in Biology and a working knowledge of cancer and neuropathology
- M.Sc. with 4 years of experience, PhD in biology or a related field with relevant experience in small molecule (esp. degrader/PROTAC) assays.
- Teamplayer, works well with others, selfstarter, highly organized/structured thinker.
- Expert in cell culture and maintenance and handling of human cell lines: testing for contamination, freezing/thawing/banking, transient transfection, working with lenti/retrovirus, viability assays, protein expression profiling (SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis), familiar with HiBiT and NanoBRET assays.
- Experience in medium and high-throughput screening using cell-free and cell-based assays (including FRET, TR-FRET, FP, HTRF, BRET, AlphaScreen, etc.) as well as lab automation desired
- Highly self-directed with excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Experience in high content imaging and data analysis is a plus.
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting deep tech companies. A market compliant salary – The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications (according to Kollektivvertrag chemische Industrie).
Interested applicants send their CV to email@example.com