Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry
Are you an ambitious and experienced Computational Chemist, who is looking to shape the next generation of drug discovery? Together with our colleagues consisting of biology, medicinal chemistry, and cheminformatics experts you will be contributing to the world of degraders, small molecules, and proteins.
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Computational Chemist who will work on both the platform and on projects.
Full-time – London (Hybrid)
Full-time – Graz, Austria (Office-based)
Work and residence permit in UK/EU as appropriate required.
We are an AI-enabled drug discovery company that uses innovative, computer-driven methods to develop PIC™ (proximity-inducing compounds) degrader drugs for yet-to-be-drugged pathogenic proteins related to various cancers.
We develop our wholly-owned oncology programs and collaborate with international big pharma and biotech companies to co-develop drugs in areas of high unmet medical need.
We are a venture-backed company with offices in Menlo Park, California, and London, UK. Our state-of-the-art laboratories are based in Graz, Austria.
You are driven by curiosity and are passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science, life sciences and drug discovery. You are passionate about making important contributions towards the development of research in oncology and targeted protein degradation.
- Work as part of the Platform Team and report to the Head of Platform.
- Be a lead computational chemist on a drug discovery project.
- Apply a wide range of computational chemistry tools to meet the needs of drug-discovery projects.
- Mentor team members on the use of computational chemistry in drug discovery projects.
- Use and develop our ternary complex prediction pipeline for drug discovery projects and validation experiments.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in computational chemistry or a closely related field with at least two years’ experience in working as a CADD scientist in either a pharmaceutical company, biotech company, or an academic drug discovery unit.
- Practical experience in using protein structures for analysis in drug discovery projects, including but not limited to homology modeling, small-molecule docking, protein-protein docking, and molecular dynamics.
- Comfortable in using the command line and simple bash scripting for automation.
- Familiarity with using Python for analysis and automation.
- Highly self-directed with excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
- Scientific software development experience with familiarity with the following: version control, agile, object-oriented programming, testing, cloud computing, and containerization.
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting drug discovery tech companies.
Interested applicants send their CV to email@example.com
Contact and further information:
Dr. Andrew Potterton (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Head of Platform