Machine Learning Researcher
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Machine Learning Researcher within AI Drug Discovery & Design, who is looking to shape the next generation of scientific developments.
Together with our colleagues consisting of mathematicians, physicists, cheminformatics, and deep learning experts you will be computing the world of degraders (PROTACs), small molecules and proteins.
Home Office and Office in the city of Graz
You are driven by curiosity and passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science and life science.
You are familiar with the latest advancements in deep learning for drug discovery & design and shine with your open mind and polished coding skills in Python.
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing
- Design, and implement machine learning models in the area of drug discovery
- Engage in team collaboration to solve very challenging research problems
- PhD in machine learning or computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with data analysis, machine learning, and/or statistical tools (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn etc.)
- Expertise in the Python programming language
- Relevant experience to the position such as post doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications/blog posts, or deep neural network architectures
- Proficiency with chemical calculation support tools e.g., RDKit, Open Babel etc.
- Motivated to learn new domain knowledge