Laboratory Chemist – Synthesis
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Laboratory Chemist, who is looking to shape the next generation of drug discovery.
Celeris Therapeutics is the pioneer in AI-driven Degrader Discovery, revolutionizing the next generation of scientific developments focusing on degrader technologies.
We are a VC-backed startup with top-tier investors on board and operate at the intersection of biopharma and technology.
Full-time, 38,5h per week
St. Peter, Graz, Austria
Work and residence permit in EU required
You have a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry, laboratory skills and can deliver accurate results and documentation that the Celeris Therapeutics team can rely on.
You are highly motivated, driven by curiosity, and would like to be part of the next evolution of drug development.
You are interested in the intersection of automation and life science, excited by the field of targeted protein degradation, and are eager to learn and grow with challenges that arise in a dynamic start-up environment.
- This is a lab-based position where you work closely with other medicinal chemistry and biology team members.
- You will conduct synthetic experiments with precision and high accuracy
- You will synthesize and purify novel chemical entities as part of a drug discovery enterprise
- You will help build an automated synthesis platform based on AI-generated small molecule bivalent degraders for our drug development programs.
- You are a chemical laboratory assistant with 2+ years , or a BSc or MSc chemistry with 1+ years practical lab experience in organic synthesis.
- Proficient in common analytical methods like spectroscopy, HPLC & LC-MS (setup/measurement/interpretation), NMR (interpretation).
- Teamplayer, works well with others, selfstarter, highly organized/structured thinker.
- Highly self-directed with excellent communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Experience in working with Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (PROTACs) desired but not critical.
- Experience in working with lab automation (synthesis and purification) is a plus.
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting deep tech companies. A market compliant salary – The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications (according to Kollektivvertrag chemische Industrie).