Lab Technician (Biology)
In this new and exciting position, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Lab Technician in Biology, who is looking to shape the next generation of drug discovery.
Full-time, 38,5h per week
St. Peter, Graz, Austria
Work and residence permit in EU required
We are an AI-enabled drug discovery company that uses innovative, computer-driven methods to develop PIC™ (proximity-inducing compounds) degrader drugs for yet-to-be drugged pathogenic proteins related to Parkinson’s and various types of cancers.
We develop our wholly-owned oncology and neurology programs and collaborate with international big pharma and biotech companies to co-develop drugs in areas of high unmet medical need.
We are a venture-backed company and have offices in Menlo Park, California, and Graz, Austria.
You have a background in Biology, high-level laboratory skills and can deliver accurate results and documentation that the Celeris Therapeutics team can rely on.
You are highly motivated, driven by curiosity, and would like to be part of the next evolution of Neurology- and Oncology drug development.
You are interested in the intersection of computer science and life science, excited by the field of targeted protein degradation, and are eager to learn and grow with challenges that arise in a dynamic start-up environment.
You will work together with the Biology team as well as across teams to characterize cutting edge drug candidates, determine biological activities and create new tools to enable our drug discovery projects.
- Plan and conduct experiments, produce, document and analyze data
- Troubleshoot and come up with suggestions for solutions
- Interpret results of experiments together with the biology team
- Prepare technical reports, graphs, and charts, and give presentations that summarize their results. Keep reliable records and draft SOPs
- Set up in-vitro and cellular assays, maintain cell cultures
- Take care of lab & equipment maintenance, monitor stocks
- Participate in process optimization, planning and management decisions
- Training in Biology and a working knowledge of cancer and neuropathology
- At least 3 years of relevant practical lab experience
- First-hand experience in working with drugs (e.g. dose-response experiments), tissue culture (mammalian cell lines), PCR and western blot as well as transient transfection and fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with cloning, sanger sequencing, qPCR, SPR, TR-FRET, NanoBRET and FP-displacement assays as well as protein production desired but not critical
- Ability to correctly interpret data and good troubleshooting skills
- Careful, self-starter and systematic way of working
- Teamplayer, high self-motivation, great collaborative spirit
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
Excellent growth opportunity within an interdisciplinary team of young and highly motivated scientists. Interdisciplinary team of experts, excellent working atmosphere, and participation in one of Europe’s most exciting deep tech companies. A market compliant salary of €2.500- €3.000 per month x 14 gross – The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications (according to Kollektivvertrag chemische Industrie).
Contact and further information:
Dr. Markus Muellner