Computational Drug Discovery Scientist
In silico Drug Hunter
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Scientist within AI Drug Discovery & Design, who is looking to shape the next generation of scientific research.
Together with our colleagues consisting of mathematicians, physicists, cheminformatics, and deep learning experts you will be computing the world of degraders (PROTACs), small molecules and proteins.
Home Office and Office in the city of Graz
You are driven by curiosity and passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science and life science.
You are familiar with the latest advancements in deep learning for drug discovery & design and shine with your open mind and polished coding skills in Python.
- Work in cross-functional teams within bioinformatics, chemistry, biology to develop, validate and optimize novel molecular matter
- Prepare data for the training of machine learning models and selection of data sets
- Validation and assessment of machine learning models
- Design, develop, and optimize novel small molecule candidates by working on structure-based design, library design, diversity analysis, homology modelling, molecular docking, and conformational analysis.
- Help grow and develop a rapidly expanding team
- Agile development and collaboration in an international team
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in Computational Chemistry, Molecular Modelling, Biophysics or equivalent with publication record
- Expert knowledge in structure-based small molecule drug design
- Deep expertise in Python, Keras, PyTorch / TensorFlow
- Good knowledge of medicinal chemistry
- EU citizenship or permanent residence permit