We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Scientist within AI Drug Discovery & Design, who is looking to shape the next generation of scientific research.
Together with our colleagues consisting of mathematicians, physicists, cheminformatics, and deep learning experts you will be computing the world of degraders (PROTACs), small molecules and proteins.
Home Office and Office in the city of Graz
You are driven by curiosity and passionate about the fascinating intersection of computer science and life science.
You are familiar with the latest advancements in deep learning for drug discovery & design and shine with your open mind and polished coding skills in Python.
- Use your expertise in Computational Chemistry and Molecular Design to develop novel chemical entities that enable the progression of Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD) therapeutics projects.
- Work in cross-functional teams within machine learning, computational chemistry, chemistry, biology to develop, validate and optimize novel chemical matter
- Prepare data for the training of machine learning models and selection of data sets
- Validation and assessment of machine learning models
- Design, develop, and optimize novel small molecule candidates by working on e.g., ligand-based design, e.g., pharmacophore modeling, QSAR, scaffold hopping, library design
- Actively support to grow and develop a rapidly expanding team
- Agile development and collaboration in an international team
- Participation in conferences and writing of publications, presentation of posters
- PhD with 2+ years or Master’s degree with 5+ years industry experience in Cheminformatics, Pharmacoinformatics, Computer-Aided Drug Design, or equivalent with publication record
- Expert knowledge in ligand-based small molecule drug design
- Deep expertise in Python, Keras, PyTorch / TensorFlow
- Deep knowledge of medicinal chemistry
- EU citizenship or permanent residence permit
- Experience in targeted protein degradation is desired, but not required
Interested applicants send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and further information:
DI Christopher Trummer, MSc., Tel.: +43 660 3837648